October 20, 2014

Song-ography, the 'Perfect Day' edition...


"Just a perfect day,
problems all left alone."

- Perfect Day (Lou Reed)



"Just a Perfect Day"
Longwood Gardens 
Kennett Square, Pennsylvania


Not sure how Autumn has been strutting her stuff in other parts of the country.  But she is putting on one heck of a show here on the East Coast.  Took advantage of a perfect day this past weekend, and ventured out to Longwood Gardens with the Better Half.  Hate to admit I'd never been there before.  But I readily admit I will be back.  Weekenders on our own, it's such fun.  Yep, just a perfect Autumn day.

**********

I'm challenging you with next Tuesday's Song-ography.  As always, your only limit is your creativity and interpretation.  But I think this one could be fun.  Looking forward to seeing what you can do with...


"Secrets"
Mary Lambert

Thanks for stopping by and linking up to Song-ography.  Can't wait to see how "Perfect Day" inspired you photographically this week.  If you hear any songs that YOU think would make for a good Song-ography challenge, please don't hesitate to let me know!  




(click on image for description of Song-ography)


16 comments:

  1. LOVE Longwood Gardens - but have never been there in the fall! This photo just IS what a perfect fall day feels like! I really love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really looks like a perfect day - in perfect colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmhmm, a perfect autumn day - almost as good as a perfect summer day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will just HAVE to do something for this...hopefully later tonight. Kennett is actually my name:))

    ReplyDelete
  5. And....you photograph is stunning! Love the texture and warm colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it there! I've never seen the field in autumn, gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went with a perfect autumn day as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks pretty and I love the WIDE trails, less chance of ticks getting on you (once bitten and getting Lyme, makes one wary of tall grasses). Enjoy that time with the better half.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous! I was in Poland last week on a very quick pottery buying trip. It was so beautiful, but we literally didn't have time to take photos. Shame on me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect in every way. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, it really is on display there! We have just a few dots of color, but it is still pretty green here. Autumn is so so short in the south.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a colour galore! What a beautiful landscape.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like a beautiful place to spend a day!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How inviting! I would love to walk through this autumn scene!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous! It really does look like you're getting quite the show. I really miss Song-ography. I hope things quiet down around here and I can get back to participating.

    ReplyDelete